Get the best prices on IKO Enertherm insulation boards here! IKO 70mm is a quality product made up of a 2400mm by 1200mm rigid thermoset polyisocyanurate (PIR) core with a low emissivity foil facing bonded to each side with cladding on both sides with a multi-layer gastight aluminium complex to provide high thermal quality. IKO provides a lightweight yet sturdy and reliable board.
- IKO Enertherm is a brand leader in the roofing, waterproofing, and insulation industry and strives the provide great products and services to all customers
- IKO Enertherm is successful in countries all around the world with thousands of employees
- The IKO brand continues to grow and improve including updating equipment and systems to keep up and improve efficiency and productivity whilst reducing waste and enhancing safety.
- The IKO brand offers materials to suit a wide range of applications including, pitched roofs, flat roofs, walls, floors, and ceilings
- IKO Enertherm provides high-performance thermal insulation solutions for both residential and commercial buildings
70mm IKO Enertherm
- 70mm IKO boards are a well-used thickness within the construction industry, designed to provide thermal quality to the structure of the building whilst keeping as much space as possible!
- The IKO Enertherm insulation boards have a straight edge to ensure boards can be tightly butted together to avoid thermal bridging
- The low emissivity foil facings are on each side of the board. This reflective, low emissivity surface improves the thermal resistance of any unventilated cavity adjacent to the board
- Installing insulation boards into the building’s envelope means you can improve the thermal quality within the internal structure
- Enertherm insulation Boards are lightweight making them easy to handle, cut, and install saving you time on the project
- This board offers an incredible thermal conductivity of just 0.022W/mK – which for those who don’t know, means a very small amount of heat can pass through the board, keeping the heat inside your home or office!
- Whilst staying warm in the winter and cool in the summer, you’re also providing an energy-efficient environment that contributes to the reduction of climate change
- While you think it stops at helping the environment, with less heat escaping, IKO Enertherm boards can also save you money on your energy bills
- All boards are CFC, HCFC and Formaldehyde Free with zero ozone depletion potential (ODP) and low global warming potential (GWP)
- IKO products are tested under extreme conditions when it comes to water absorption, mechanical properties, corrosion resistance, and emissivity to ensure the features of the product are reliable and high-quality
70mm IKO Enertherm Applications
IKO Enertherm 70mm is a multi-purpose board and can be used in a variety of application types within domestic and commercial buildings. This includes roofs, walls, and floors. More specifically theseinsulation boards can be used for flat roofs, pitched roofs, solid masonry walls and floors as well as timber-framed & steel framed systems. Full application types can be found below:
Wall – External Wall
Wall – Internal Wall
Rooftop – Inverted Roof
Rooftop – Pitched Roof
Rooftop – Flat Roof Timber Deck
Rooftop – Flat Roof Concrete
Rooftop – Flat Roof Steel Deck
Rooftop – Metal Roof
Floor – Underfloor Heating
Floor – Concrete Floors
- ISO 9001: 2015 (Quality Management Systems)
- ISO 14001: 2015 (Environmental Management Systems)
- ISO 45001: 2018 (Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems)
- BBA Certificate: 15/5283
- Fire Euroclass rating of E
- Product: IKO Enertherm ALU PIR Insulation Board
- Thickness: 70mm
- Size: 2400mm x 1200mm
- Materials: Polyisocyanurate (PIR), Low Emissivity Foil, Cladding
- Thermal Conductivity: 0.022W/Mk
- Compressive Strength: 175kPa at 10% compression
IKO Enertherm PIR Board FAQs
- Measure the exact distance between studs to achieve tightly fitted IKO enertherm insulation boards.
- Measure and cut the IKO enertherm insulation boards to size.
- Install IKO enertherm insulation board tightly between the studs, pushing the board back to the OSB/ plywood sheathing.
- Fix treated soft timber stop battens inside the studs providing not fully filled to prevent the boards moving within the cavity.
- Ensure IKO enertherm insulation board edges are tightly butted with no gaps. Use cut insulation cut off to fill gaps.
- If only installing IKO enertherm insulation between studs a Vapour Control Layer (VCL) should be installed over the timber frame studs (warm side).
- Tape any butted insulation boards and finish by fixing plasterboards horizontally to the timber battens.
- Tape joints and maintain plasterboard finish.
A face mask or protective clothing is recommended when cutting insulation due to the fibres produced when cutting which can sting the eyes and irritate the skin.
Ensure the wall is sound, secure, free from any contaminants, and dry.
Ensure accurate trimming to achieve close joints and continuous insulation
The insulation should start from the internal corner of the roof.
This is a guide only, a building professional should always be consulted before any construction works begin on your property.
The best and easiest way to cut cavity wall boards is to measure and mark the board to size and then score the insulation with a sharp knife, snap the board over a hard edge and score the other side. A fine-toothed saw can also be used to cut the boards. Ensure the boards are marked and measured to size.
The size you need will depend on the space being insulated. Thicker insulation is always the best option to achieve the best thermal conductivity possible however a thinner board will also improve the thermal conductivity. This decision is really based on how much space you want to save, and if the board meets the building regulations.
IKO enertherm boards must be stored in such a way to prevent damage. For optimum performance the boards must be protected against all weather conditions. IKO enertherm insulation boards are pre-packed carefully with a plastic film covering to prevent damage from dust and moisture, in the case of long-term storage they should also be protected against direct sunlight.
Among insulation types, rigid foam panels have the highest R-value per inch. The R-value of each insulation type varies by make and brand, and insulation with higher R-values keeps in more heat than insulation with a lower R-value.