Kingspan K118 62.5mm is a quality product made up of a fibre-free rigid thermoset phenolic core bonded to a low composite foil facing. The boards are bonded to tapered edge 12.5mm plasterboard. The plasterboard is a gypsum-based with quality paper linings. Kingspan as a brand is renowned for its top-quality products and wide range of products. They now have 129 manufacturing sites in over 70 countries around the world and is still growing. Their brand is also known for its sustainability and their commitment to tackling climate change. Kingspan products all provide the ultimate top-class performance and offer incredible reliability
Kingspan 62.5mm Insulated Plasterboard
- 62.5mm Insulated Plasterboards are extremely popular in the building industry
- The 62.5mm 2-in-1 board saves time and money
- Insulated plasterboards are lightweight making them super easy to handle, cut, and install
- K118 can be installed within new builds, refurbs, and extensions
- Applications include domestic, commercial, and industrial buildings
- This product is a 12.5mm gypsum-based plasterboard and 60mm insulation board creating an overall thickness of 62.5mm.
- This thick board is a great way to make the most of your used energy by keeping heat within the property.
- This board offers an incredible thermal conductivity of just 0.019W/mK
- This board has a thermal resistance of 3.15 m2K/W – which for those who don’t know, means very small amount of heat can pass through the board, keeping the heat inside your home or office!
- Whilst staying warm in the winter and cool in the summer, you’re also providing an energy efficient environment that contributes to the reduction of climate change
- While you think it stops at helping the environment, with less heat escaping, Kingspan K118 insulated plasterboards can also save you money on your energy bills
- All Insulated plasterboards are CFC, HCFC and Formaldehyde Free with zero ozone depletion potential (ODP) and low global warming potential (GWP)
- Don’t be surprised if you see Insulated Plasterboard referred to as the following, Thermal laminate, Thermaline Boards, Insulation backed plasterboard, Thermal PIR Board, Warmline PIR
Kingspan K118 62.5mm Applications
- Solid brickwork
- Solid brickwork with existing lining
- Solid stonework
- Masonry cavity walls
- Reaction to Fire: Euroclass RtF B-s1, d0 to BS EN 13501-1:2018.
- Standard to BS EN 13950
- Achieves a BRE Green Guide A+ rating
- Quality Management Standard – ISO 9001:2015
- Environmental Management Systems – ISO 14001: 2015
- Occupational Health and Safety Management – ISO 45001: 2018
How do you install 62.5mm Insulated Plasterboard?
62.5mm Insulated Plasterboard can be easily installed by fixing timber battens backed with a strip of damp proof course around the ceiling and floor levels of the walls no more than 75mm from its end and horizontally at 600mm apart. Be sure to fit the battens around openings and sockets. The boards can then be fixed onto the timber, lightly butting two sheets at the centre of the battens, and fitting fixings 10mm from the boards edge. Either drywall screws can be used at 300mm centres or large headed galvanised clout nails at 150mm centres. Once all the boards are fixed to the battens, any tape, beading, filler, adhesive, and decorative materials can be applied. See guide below.
Is Kingspan and Celotex the same?
Celotex and Kingspan are the names of brands that manufacture insulation materials. Each brand provides a range of products that are similar but differ in specification such as thermal conductivity and thickness available. It is important to make sure you’re getting the right product for your needs.