Kingspan Thermawall TW55
Get the best prices on Kingspan insulation boards here! Thermawall TW55 20mm is a quality product made up of a 2400mm by 1200mm rigid thermoset polyisocyanurate (PIR) core with a low emissivity foil facing bonded to each side to provide high thermal quality. TW55 is manufactured with Niflam technology.
- Kingspan as a brand is renowned for its top-quality products and wide range of products
- Kingspan now has 129 manufacturing sites in over 70 countries around the world and is still growing
- Their brand is also known for its sustainability and their commitment to tackling climate change
- Their products all provide the ultimate top-class performance and offer incredible reliability
- The Kingspan brand offers materials to suit a wide range of applications including, pitched roofs, flat roofs, walls, floors, and ceilings
- Kingspan provides high-performance thermal insulation solutions for both residential and commercial buildings
20mm Kingspan Thermawall TW55
- 20mm TW55 boards are one of the most used product within the construction industry and is well-known for the incredible quality
- The TW55 insulation boards have a straight edge to ensure boards can be tightly butted together to avoid thermal bridging
- The 20mm board is used for its thinner size, the 20mm can be installed within spaces that contain a smaller cavity which ensures you make the most of you working and living space
- The low emissivity foil facings are on each side of the board. This reflective, low emissivity surface improves the thermal resistance of any unventilated cavity adjacent to the board
- Kingspan TW55 means you can improve the thermal quality within the internal structure of the building’s envelope. The boards are also unaffected by air filtration
- TW55 insulation Boards are lightweight making them super easy to handle, cut, and install. This product will make a project turnaround times quicker than ever
- This board offers an incredible thermal conductivity of just 0.022W/mK – which for those who don’t know, means very small amount of heat can pass through the board, keeping the heat inside your home or office!
- Whilst staying warm in the winter and cool in the summer, you’re also providing an energy efficient environment that contributes to the reduction of climate change
- While you think it stops at helping the environment, with less heat escaping, Kingspan TW55 boards can also save you money on your energy bills
- All Cavity boards are CFC, HCFC and Formaldehyde Free with zero ozone depletion potential (ODP) and low global warming potential (GWP)
- Kingspan Thermapitch TW55 resists attack by mould and microbial growth, and do not provide any food value to vermin, helping to maintain the condition of the buildings structure
20mm TW55 Applications
TW55 20mm is named Thermapitch however it can be used in a variety of application types within domestic and commercial buildings. This includes roofs, walls, and floors. More specifically TW55 20mm can be used for flat roofs, pitched roofs, solid masonry walls and floors as well as timber framed & steel framed systems. Full application types can be found below:
Ground Floor – Concrete Slab
Ground Floor – Suspended Timber Joist
Ground Floor – Beam and Block
Ground Floor – Over joists
External Wall – Between joists
External Wall – Inside Studs
Pitched Roof – Over Timber Rafters
Pitched Roof – Sarking
Pitched Roof – Below Timber Rafters
Pitched Roof – Between Timber Rafters
Pitched Roof – Loft insulation – Between and Over Timber Joists
Flat Roof – Balconies & Terraces Over Joists
Flat Roof – Between Timber Joists
Flat Roof – Below Timber Joists
- ISO 9001: 2015 (Quality Management Systems)
- ISO 14001: 2015 (Environmental Management Systems)
- ISO 45001: 2018 (Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems)
- ISO 50001: 2018 (Energy Management Systems)
- BBA Certificate 14/5133
- Fire Euroclass rating of F
- Product: Thermawall TW55
- Thickness: 20mm
- Size: 2400mm x 1200mm
- Materials: Polyisocyanurate (PIR), Low Emissivity Foil,
- Thermal Conductivity: 0.022W/Mk
- Compressive Strength: 140kPa at 10% compression
- R-Value: 1.10 m2.kW
- Pieces per Pack: 12
Step one: Measure the spaces in between the stud rails. Measure the insulation material and cut to size if necessary. Push the insulation into the space all the way back to the plywood sheathing with no projection. Use any left-over insulation or cut off to fill gaps.
Step two: Tape can be applied where the insulation is butted to connect the edge of the insulation and the stud frame to avoid thermal bridging. A vapour control layer can be installed on top of the warm side of the stud work.
Step three: Plasterboard should then be fitted over the vapour control layer and fixed to the stud frame using the necessary fixings.
A face mask or protective clothing is recommended when cutting insulation due to the fibres produced when cutting which can sting the eyes and irritate the skin.
Ensure the wall is sound, secure, free from any contaminants, and dry.
Ensure accurate trimming to achieve close joints and continuous insulation.
The best and easiest way to cut cavity wall boards is to measure and mark the board to size and then score the insulation with a sharp knife, snap the board over a hard edge and score the other side. A fine-toothed saw can also be used to cut the boards. Ensure the boards are marked and measured to size.
The size you need will depend on the space being insulated. Thicker insulation is always the best option to achieve the best thermal conductivity possible however a thinner board will also improve the thermal conductivity. This decision is really based on how much space you want to save, and if the board meets the building regulations.
The Thermawall TW55 is the equivalent to Thermapitch TP10 and Thermafloor TF70. Each board is the same size of 2400mm by 1200mm and has a thermal conductivity of 0.022W/mK and can be installed in multiple applications.
Kingspan insulation board is a high-performance rigid thermoset board with low thermal conductivity. This board is unaffected by air infiltration and water-resistant.